(Mooresville, NC, January 11) – Teenagers Ryan Repko and Blaine Perkins will test with Mason Mitchell Motorsports this weekend at the Daytona International Speedway (DIS) in the ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards open test. Both drivers made their ARCA debuts with MMM one season ago where they both earned top-ten finishes. Continue reading
Tag Archives: Lucas Oil Modifieds
Blaine Perkins Making ARCA Series Debut at Kentucky Speedway
Blaine Perkins is our guest on Fan4Racing NASCAR Weekend Preview on Thursday, September 21, 2017, at 9 pm ET. Call 929-477-1790 or tweet @Fan4RacingSite or @MoparMJ8 with any questions or comments during our LIVE broadcast.
Making his ARCA Racing Series debut this weekend at Kentucky Speedway with Mason Mitchell Motorsports is 17-year-old Blaine Perkins. Continue reading
Fans Guide to the SPEARS SRL Southwest Tour Winter Showdown
Brian Olsen is our guest on Fan4Racing NASCAR & Race Talk, Monday, February 6, 2016 at 9:30 pm ET. Call 929-477-1790 or tweet @Fan4RacingSite or @Sal_Sigala with any questions or comments during our LIVE broadcast.
The third Annual Winter Showdown at Kern County Raceway in Bakersfield, California is this weekend February 10th and 11th. The weekend’s main event is Saturday, February 11th with the $30,000 to win, “SPEARS Manufacturing Winter Showdown 250” for Super Late Models. The weekend begins on Friday night, February 10th at the paved half-mile with the “51 FIFTY Energy Drink Opening Night”, featuring the “Pinnacle Peak Steakhouse Fast 12” and the “Race for Autism Qualifying Races.”
Make the Most of the Winter Showdown Weekend: February 8, 9, 10, 11, 2017
- Super Late Model Registration, Parking and Optional Tech Day 10:30 am to 4:30 pm.
- Tech inspection for the Super Late Models will take place starting at 9:30 am, with the cars hitting the track for the first time at 12:00 pm and concluding at 4:30 pm.
- The “Winter Showdown Kick Off Party” at the Buck Owen’s Crystal Palace (2800 Buck Owens Blvd) presented by “Visit Bakersfield” on Thursday evening starting at 7 pm. As part of the evening, the Top-Ten in the 2016 SPEARS Southwest Tour Series will be honored, including Three-Time SPEARS Southwest Tour Series Champion, Derek Thorn.
- Lucas Oil Modifieds will move on to the Kern County Raceway grounds at 10:30 am and will see three practice sessions, with the first one at 1:30 pm.
- The Super Late Models will have one practice session from 12:00 pm-1:30 pm.
- Super Late Model Qualifying will take place starting at 6:30 pm.
After Opening Ceremonies or the “51 FIFTY Energy Drink Opening Night”,at 7:30 pm, the Lucas Oil Modifieds will put on a show for the fans with “Spray Nine Top-Nine of 2016”. The Top-Ten drivers from the 2016 Lucas Oil Modifeds, will battle it for nine laps. Then its back to the Super Late Models with the “Pinnacle Peak Steakhouse Fast 12”, featuring the fastest 12 drivers from qualifying racing for the top 12 starting positions for Saturday’s SPEARS Manufacturing Winter Showdown 250. The night will finish off with the “Race for Autism – Qualifying Races”.
- Spectator Gates 5:30 pm – Opening Ceremonies at 7:30 pm.
- Adult General Admission $15, Youth (6-15) General Admission $10, Kids 5 & under Free. Reserved Seating $20.
- The main event of the weekend will be the Saturday evening, $30,000 to win, “SPEARS Manufacturing Winter Showdown 250” for Super Late Models. The racing will begin with Super Late Model Last Chance Race” at 3:10 pm, where teams will be racing for the final three starting positions in the SPEARS Manufacturing Winter Showdown 250. After opening ceremonies at 5:00 pm, the Lucas Oil Modifieds main event will kick things off with the “Spray Nine 50”. Then its final event of the 2017 Winter Showdown, the $30,000 to win “SPEARS Manufacturing 250”.
- Spectator Gates 3 pm, Showdown Last Chance Race 3:10 pm, the 2017 Winter Showdown Opening Ceremonies 5:00 pm.
- Adult General Admission $25, Youth (6-15) General Admission $15, Kids 5 & under Free. Reserved Seating $30.
OTHER FAN INFO
- A limited amount of “Rowdy Roundup” with Kyle Busch ticket packages are available for fans to purchase. This special ticket will allow fans to attend a meet and greet with Busch on Saturday afternoon before the race, get his autograph and have their picture taken with him. If you are interested contact Kern County Raceway at 661-835-1264.
- Detailed Winter Showdown schedule: go to SRLSouthwestTour.com
- RACE TICKETS will be available at the Front Gate each day, or online at http://www.kernraceway.com/2017-winter-showdown-tickets
- There are a limited number of suites available for the Winter Showdown. If you are interested in renting a suite for the event, please contact the SPEARS Southwest Tour Series office at 661-679-4681.
- Trackside and General RV parking is available all Winter Showdown weekend; contact Kern County Raceway at 661-835-1264 for details.
- Race fans can enjoy practice each day and re-enter at the appropriate gate time.
- Host Hotels – http://www.srlsouthwesttour.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/2017-Winter-Showdown-Host-Hotels.pdf
- For more information on Bakersfield during your stay, go to: VisitBakersfield.com
The Third Annual Winter Showdown is presented by:
SPEARS Manufacturing – 51 FIFTY Energy Drink – VisitBakersfield.com
S.A. Camp Pump & Drilling – KUZZ AM55 / FM107.9 – KBAK 29/KBFX 58
Race For Autism – Spray Nine – Hoosier Racing Tire – Motor City GMC
Lucas Oil – Pinnacle Peak Steakhouse in Colton & San Dimas
SUNOCO Race Fuels – Speed51.com
SPEARS SRL Southwest Tour
Fan4Racing NASCAR & Race Talk with Hot Topic Sound Off – Monday, March 28, 2016
Guests include, NASCAR K&N Pro Series East driver, Justin Haley, with HScott Motorsports with Justin Marks talking about his victory at Greenville Pickens Speedway this past weekend.
NASCAR K&N Pro Series West driver, Blaine Perkins with Steve Portenga Racing chats about his 2016 season, including racing with Lucas Oil Modifieds.
Join host Sharon Burton and co-host Sal Sigala every Monday night 8:30 to 10 pm ET as we bring fans the smartest racing talk around on Fan4Racing NASCAR & Race Talk!
NASCAR Hot Topic Sound Off with Chris Knight starts at 10 pm for the fastest half-hour in motorsports! Joining the panel is Brian Eberly.
We’re reviewing the weekend of racing with NASCAR K&N East at Greenville Pickens and chatting about the hottest topics in NASCAR Sprint Cup, XFINITY and Camping World Truck Series, as well as, any news in ARCA Racing and K&N West.
Listen to our panel discussion with drivers, crew, and other racing personalities. Call 929-477-1790 OR tweet @Fan4RacingSite, @Sal_Sigala or @Knighter01 with any questions or comments during our LIVE broadcast.
Our show starts at 8:30 pm ET on Monday, March 28, 2016.
As always…Thanks for listening!
Blaine Perkins Continues Giving 100 Percent for his 2016 NASCAR K&N West Season
Blaine Perkins is our guest on Fan4Racing NASCAR & Race Talk on Monday, March 28, 2016 at 9:30 pm ET. Call 929-477-1790 or tweet @Fan4RacingSite or @Sal_Sigala with any questions or comments during our LIVE broadcast.
At Irwindale Speedway in September 2014, Blaine Perkins made history as their youngest Late Model winner when he was just 14 years of age. He went on in 2015 to make his NASCAR K&N Pro Series West debut at All-American Speedway, finishing 13th while also racing Lucas Oil Modifieds and Limited Late Models in the SRL Southwest Tour where he won a record five races in a row. A Bakersfield, California native, Blaine Perkins is now racing the K&N West series full-time in 2016 with Steve Portenga Racing. Continue reading